13 Facts About Men’s Hair
Since you carry your head of hair with you everywhere you go, you may not stop to give it much thought. But there are some curious facts about men’s hair that can make you appreciate your stylish strands even more. Here are some fun facts about your hair that may surprise you.
- If you’re planning on growing your hair out, it helps to know how long you can expect to wait before it reaches a certain milestone of length. Hair grows on average at a rate of ¼ inch every 2 weeks. On average, hair takes about three years to reach shoulder length and would need to be grown out for seven years to reach your waist. So if you’re going for length, just stay patient
- A rather surprising fact about men’s hair in particular is that it actually grows faster than women’s hair. But hey guys, not everything has to be a race!
- Think your muscles are strong? Think again! A single, healthy strand of hair can support a weight of 6.5 lbs. This means that between each strand, your whole head of hair can support up to two tons! We don’t necessarily suggest putting this to the test, though.
- Speaking of your whole head of hair, the average person has 100,000 strands of hair on their head. However, the actual amount of hair people have varies widely.
- While bone marrow is the fastest growing tissue in the human body, hair comes in at second place.
- The most common hair color in the world is black, and the rarest hair color in the world is red, which accounts for only about one percent of the entire world’s population.
- Speaking of red hair, redheads may not be around forever. Scientists predict red hair won’t be part of the gene pool within 100 years.
- Your hair isn’t actually always growing. While you’ll always have hairs on your head that are growing, only 90% of your hairs are actively growing at any given moment. The other 10% of your hairs are taking a break.
- Thinning hair is quite common in men, and well over half of all men will show signs of thinning hair by the age of 35.
- Speaking of thinning hair, it takes quite a bit of hair loss for the effects of balding to become visible. In fact, most men lose about half of the hair on their heads before they notice any sign of balding.
- Hair loss without balding is quite common, and the average person loses between 40 and 150 strands of hair every day.
- Notice strands of hair spinning down the drain? Don’t panic! Most hair will grow back after it falls out. In fact, hair can regrow after it falls out up to 20 times in your lifetime.
- Contrary to popular belief, cutting hair doesn’t affect its ability to grow. Yes, this includes your beard hair, which won’t grow thicker after shaving it. However, cutting your hair does get rid of split ends, which can disrupt the health and strength of your hair if left untrimmed.
5 of the Most Popular Men’s Haircuts for 2021
We’re sure you’re already working on a long list of things to look forward to in 2021. One great thing to get excited about is the opportunity to revamp your…Read More
Must-Have Short Hairstyles for Men
If you want a trendy hairstyle to make a statement and feel more confident, you don’t have to start growing out your hair. You can keep things short and still…Read More
How to Grow Out a Beard
If you’re looking for a new way to freshen up your style, getting a quality cut can do the trick. But if you want to give your appearance a major…Read More
Leave a Comment